Families and Childcare
Provision for Your Children at Alps in Style
As parents ourselves, we recognise that when you holiday as a family, the happiness and well-being of your children is paramount. Hence, we have given special attention to ensuring that you will have the peace of mind that your children will be safe, entertained and well catered for during your stay with us.
- Discounted room rates for children when sharing with adults, when appropriate
- Personal in-house babysitting childcare service
- Pre-booked ski school, local nursery and activities (summer and winter)
- Additional drop-offs and pick-ups in our private minibuses to help you out (where necessary and when possible)
- 2 course high tea served at 5.30pm when catered (a healthy menu is planned in liaison with parents)
- Ski hire available next to pistes – you can leave all your equipment in the shop, so no carrying equipment – leaving you free to concentrate on your children’s needs and enjoy your family time
- Dedicated childcare room for our private use for our in-house babysitting childcare service
- Large flat garden with outdoor, covered and heated swimming pool, large trampoline (both in summer only) and private woodland on view from balconies
- Sledges for winter
- Indoor play equipment and other toys, games and books for both boys and girls
Equipment We Provide (charge for self catering)
For the Little People
- In conjunction with new European laws, we have 3 grades of car seat; 3 grade 0 seats for 0 to 9kg (1 rear facing and two front facing), 2 grade 1 seats for 9 to 18kg, 2 grades 1 to 3 seats for 9 to -36kg and 2 boosters. We also supply safety and comfort straps for seat belts. Please note that children and babies are counted as passengers as they need their own seat. Under French law, children are not allowed to travel on the laps of adults. Also, no child younger than 10 is allowed to sit in the front passenger seat
- 3 travel cots and 1 bed guard
- Waterproof mattress protectors and bed mats for your reassurance and peace of mind
- Baby monitors and safety plug covers
- 2 high chairs, 1 Stokke chair and 2 booster chairs
- Nappy, wet wipe, milk and food pre-purchasing service
- Microwave in the lounge for your dedicated use, available at all times
- Baby and child plastic crockery and cutlery
- Advent bottle warmer and Advent microwaveable or electric steriliser
- Child carrier back pack
- A selection of toys, books, films, board games and jigsaws for all ages (English and French).
Personal in-house babysitting childcare service
The following prices below are per child per hour. We are flexible with our hours, however, we do ask that you give us at least 48 hours advance notice and respect the fact that we cannot guarantee weekend cover. If your child becomes unwell they cannot be accepted for childcare, also, there are restrictions on how many children we can look after, so please book early.
8€ per hour, per child, kitty required for lunch - Family group reductions available
Provision for your Children in Morillon 1100m, Les Esserts (winter only) or in Samoens Village Centre (summer & winter)
Morillon has received recognition as a “Children’s Resort” by Ski France for its infrastructure, and the quality and diversity of the equipment, activities and entertainment that it provides for children. The village of Morillon has recently carried out a number of improvements in order to guarantee the comfort and safety of children.
Nursery and Ski School/Ski Initiation at “Le Village des Enfants” and “Le Jardin des Neiges” is delightfully French, well kept and fun. “Le Village des Enfants” welcomes your children between the ages of 6 months to 10 years throughout the winter season. Situated at Morillon 1100m, Les Esserts, “Le Village des Enfants” is in the heart of the resort, allowing you to drop your children off en route to the slopes. It accommodates your children under the responsibility and supervision of qualified nurses and nannies, 7 days a week from 9am to 5pm.
The “Jardin des Neiges”, adjoined to “Le Village des Enfants”, is situated within close proximity of the Ski School meeting points. An enclosed area of 5000m², equipped with a drag lift & 'magic carpet', has been designed to initiate young, beginner skiers to make their first descents in total security. Children can play and learn in a professional and secure environment, tutored by highly experienced and qualified French Ski School instructors. ZigZag, Ski Session, Samoens 360 and ESF offer children’s tuition for children aged from 3 years up. Please see their separate websites for further details and prices.
There are also dedicated toboggon slopes and entertainment and competitions for children throughout the season. Sledges of various styles and sizes can be easily hired. For more information or details on prices, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone on +33 (0) 6 30 54 70 32.